“It’s Another Great Day in Ponca City” captures the spirit and drive of our strategically rural community located in north central Oklahoma. Located 90 minutes from Tulsa, Oklahoma City and Wichita, Kansas, Ponca City offers a premier location for energy, manufacturing, research, and corporate facilities. Our local business community has long recognized the ease of conducting commerce in Ponca City based upon our user friendly government, excellent location, and transportation amenities.
- Free City-Wide Wi-Fi Community
- State of the Art Infrastructure
- Ease of business development and permitting
- Certified Business Incubator
- Workforce Recruitment and Training
- Local Business Incentives Available – relocation and expansion
The Ponca City Development Authority (PCDA) is a Public Trust, incorporated in the State of Oklahoma. The Trust was formed on July 1, 2003 to benefit Ponca City, an incorporated Oklahoma city. The specific actions, responsibilities and organizations framework are documented in the Authority’s Trust Indenture. PCDA is funded by a one half cent sales tax measure approved by the voters of Ponca City in 1994, which has since been extended several times, currently thru 2018. The City of Ponca City collects the funds and disburses them to PCDA on a monthly basis.
The Authority currently employs six people with a physical office under lease in the Ponca City Chamber of Commerce building. In addition, the Authority holds leases for the purposes of leasing back to job producing companies, as well as ownership of real estate in three buildings.
The Authority is governed by a seven member board of trustees, as set forth in the Trust Indenture. The Trustees are appointed by the City Commission and act independently with the authority to assign and otherwise expend the public and private funds controlled by PCDA. Board meetings are the 2nd Thursday of each month at 7:30 am in the Chamber of Commerce Conference Room, located on the corner of Fifth and Grand.
The Authority is governed by a seven member board of trustees, as set forth in the Trust Indenture. Trustees are appointed by the City Commission and act independently with the Authority to assign and otherwise expend the public and private funds controlled by PCDA. Board meetings are held the 2nd Thursday of each month at 7:30 am in the Chamber of Commerce Board Room, located on the corner of 5th Street and Grand Avenue. Agendas will be posted here each month.
Natalie Fraser, Lindsay Manufacturing – Chairwoman – Term Expires 2020
Steve Hermann, Coldwell Banker Real Estate – Vice Chair – Term Expires 2018 (Eligible for reappointment)
Lee Evans, Evans and Associates – Secretary – Term Expires 2019 (Eligible for reappointment)
Nancy Rathbun, Completely Quilted – Trustee, Commission Representative
Joe DeNoya, Pemberton Chevrolet – Trustee – Term Expires 2020
Mark Southard, Retired – Trustee – Term Expires 2019
| David Myers, CEcD, – Executive Director|
|Laurence Beliel – Director of Business Retention and Expansion|
|Katherine Long – Data Master|
|Lori Henderson – Director of Public Affairs|
|Liz Pershing - PoncaWorks Program Manager|
|Cynthia Brown – Administrative Assistant|
- PCDA became an Accredited Economic Development Organization (AEDO) in 2008 and is one of only 41 accredited offices internationally.
- Selected one of the Top Ten Small Towns for Business in America by American Express, 2012.
- AllianceHealth Ponca City is ranked as one of the top ten best small hospitals by Thompson Reuters, 2011-2012
- Recognized by the International Economic Development Council for the Girl Power! Camp program in 2016.
- Recognized twice by the International Economic Development Council for the Lighten the Load Energy Savings Program in 2015.
- Recognized by the International Economic Development Council (IEDC) for the private/public and education partnership in bringing the Oklahoma State University Multi-Spectral Lab project to Ponca City 2008.
- Named the “Best Business Expansion and Retention Program of 2008” by Business Expansion and Retention International.
- Ponca City is recognized by Oklahoma Economic Development Council with the Economic and Workforce Development Best Practices Award in 2008
- David Myers, Executive Director of PCDA, was named Oklahoma Economic Developer of the Year, 2008.
- Oklahoma Best Practices Business Expansion and Retention program award in 2006.
- PCDA Job Results for 10 year period: July, 2003 to July, 2013: In excess of 3,000 jobs added in Ponca City.